1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
Sugar sprinkles, pastel colors
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. In a medium bowl, beat butter or margarine and brown sugar with an electric
mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla. Add flour and salt to
the butter and blend well.
4. With a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 inch
thick. Cut out cookies using Easter cookie cutters.
5. Place 2 inches apart
on ungreased cookie sheets. Re-roll scraps and cut more cookies.
6. Sprinkle pastel sugar crystals on each cookie.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cookies are pale golden, not brown. Let stand
2 minutes. Remove to a rack and let cool completely.