These little babies look cute in an Easter basket or can be given as a gift at Eastertime.
1. For each baby you will need 1/4 yard of pastel fabric
2. Small quantity of pink velour for hands and head
3. 1/2 yard of 1/4 inch satin ribbon
4. Small amount of fiberfill
5. Blue and pink embroidery floss
6. Red crayon
7. Thread to match the fabrics, a sewing needle and scissors
8. Sweet smelling potpourri
9. Sewing machine
10. Seam ripper (optional)
1. Cut one 4 3/4" x 10 1/2" piece for body.
2. Cut two arms 2 1/2" x 5".
3. Cut two 1/2" diameter hands.
4. Cut one 5 1/2" diameter head.
5. To form body/potpourri pouch, stitch short edges of body together, then press one long raw edge (3/4") to wrong side and zigzag to form casing.
6. Use a seam ripper to open body seam in casing area and thread ribbon through casing.
7. Narrow-hem remaining raw edge.
8. Take small running stitches close to fold, pull up thread ends to gather and tie securely for body "neck."
9. Fill pouch with potpourri and pull ribbon drawstring
to gather bottom tightly; tie in a bow.
10. For the head, make small running stitches around perimeter of circle and draw up to form pouch.
11. Stuff pouch with fiberfill, pull threads tightly and secure ends.
12. Flatten head so that gathers are at back center.
13. Using floss, embroider blue eyes and pink mouth in satin stitch.
14. Rouge cheeks with crayon.
15. For bonnet, narrow-hem short edges of piece.
16. Fold one long edge 1 3/4" to wrong side; machine baste close to raw edge and gather to form bonnet brim.
17. Narrow-hem remaining raw edge and hand gather for bonnet back.
18. Stuff bonnet with fiberfill, then fit bonnet on head, adjusting brim gathers to fit; stitch securely.
19. Make hands as for head.
20. Stitch short edges of arms together, then finish edges as for body neck.
21. Insert hands at wrists and stitch securely.
22. Tack, head/bonnet and arms in place on body.
Aluminum Foil Eggs |
Barefoot Chicks |
Blowing Out Egg |
Bandana Bunny |
Bunny Cupcakes |
Bunny Girls |
Bunny Twins |
Bunny Fridge Magnet |
Bunny Mask |
Chicks Hatching |
Chocolate Eggs |
Cookie Cutter Crayons |
Crocheted Bunny and Lamb |
Crochet Thread Eggs |
Decorating Easter Eggs |
Easter Bonnet |
Easter Bunnies |
Easter Bunny Ears |
Easter Comic Book |
Easter Egg Holder |
Easter Placemats |
Easter Suncatchers |
Easter Egg Swirl |
Egg Cakes |
Egg Creatures |
Eggshell Mosaic |
Engraving an Easter Egg |
Glossy Eggs |
Hand Lambs |
Knitted Bunny Family |
Making A Bunny T-Shirt |
Milk Carton Basket |
Mini Easter Baskets |
Paper Bag Bunny |
Paper Mache Eggs |
Paper Woven Basket |
Party Invitations |
Place Holders |
Plastic Egg Bunny |
Rabbit Easter Basket |
Sachet Babies |
Sparkly Eggs |
Stuffed Bunny with Clothes and Stuffed Duck |
Tissue Paper Eggs |
Tissue Paper Eggs 2 | Tulip Cupcakes | Index | Easter Site | Main Site