1. Muffin pans
2. Measuring cups
3. Electric mixer
4. Rubber spatula
5. Large pastry bag with medium round tip
7. Mixing bowls
12. Aluminum foil
13. Pam vegetable cooking spray
14. White paper
15. 40 blown egg shells (see how to below)
1. One 16-oz. box Betty Crocker Golden Pound Cake mix
2. Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe vanilla frosting
3. Two eggs plus one egg white
5. Liquid food colorings
1. Make up the batter according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
2. Cut 4 inch squares of foil, one for each cup of muffin pans.
3. Crumple into cups to form "nests" for eggs.
4. Put Pam nozzle to hole of each blown egg and spray, coating inside of shell.
5. Set a shell, larger hole up, into each foil nest.
6. Fill pastry bag with batter, insert tip into shell hole, and fill shells half full.
7. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool completely on racks.
9. Carefully remove any cake from outside of shells. If desired, cover holes in shells with dime-sized paper circles; tack in place with beaten egg white.
10. Using cotton swabs and food coloring, decorate shells as desired.
11. Serve with tinted frosting on plate.
HOW TO BLOW OUT AN EGG:
1. Use pin to poke a small hole in point of egg, and a larger hole (up to 1/2 inch in diameter) at opposite end.
2. Placing your mouth over smaller hole and forming a seal with your lips, blow egg out through the bottom (larger) hole and into a container.
3. Rinse inside of each egg thoroughly and let drain.
Aluminum Foil Eggs | Barefoot Chicks | Blowing Out Egg | Bandana Bunny | Bunny Cupcakes | Bunny Girls | Bunny Twins | Bunny Fridge Magnet | Bunny Mask | Chicks Hatching | Chocolate Eggs | Cookie Cutter Crayons | Crocheted Bunny and Lamb | Crochet Thread Eggs | Decorating Easter Eggs | Easter Bonnet | Easter Bunnies | Easter Bunny Ears | Easter Comic Book | Easter Egg Holder | Easter Placemats | Easter Suncatchers | Easter Egg Swirl | Eggheads | Egg Cakes | Egg Creatures | Eggshell Mosaic | Engraving an Easter Egg | Glossy Eggs | Hand Lambs | Knitted Bunny Family | Making A Bunny T-Shirt | Milk Carton Basket | Mini Easter Baskets | Paper Bag Bunny | Paper Mache Eggs | Paper Woven Basket | Party Invitations | Place Holders | Plastic Egg Bunny | Rabbit Easter Basket | Sachet Babies | Sparkly Eggs | Stuffed Bunny with Clothes and Stuffed Duck | Tissue Paper Eggs |
Tissue Paper Eggs 2 | Tulip Cupcakes | Index | Easter Site | Main Site