Date & Nut Bars
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. boiling water
2 c. chopped pitted dates
1/2 c. coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 c. icing sugar
1. Mix together baking soda, flour and salt.
2. Pour boiling water over dates and cool.
3. Place margarine, sugar, spices and eggs in a bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended.
4. Add cooled date mixture, blend thoroughly.
5. Stir in flour mixture and nuts.
6. Spread in a greased 9x9x2 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until it springs back when lightly touched with finger.