2/3 c. sugar divided
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
3 egg yolks slightly beaten
3 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1. In a saucepan, combine 1/3 c. of the sugar, gelatin and salt.
2. Stir in milk and add chocolate.
3. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and gelatin thoroughly dissloved.
4. Blend with hand beater or whisk.
5. Add small amount of hot mixture to egg yolks, mixing well.
6. Stir yolks into remaining hot mixture .
7. Cook three minutes longer stirring constantly.
8. Stir in vanilla.
9. Chill until slightly thickened.
10. Beat egg whites until foamy.
11. Gradually beat in 1/3 c. sugar and continue beating until mixture will form stiff, shiny peaks.
12. Gradually fold in chocolate mixture, blending well.
13. Spoon into 4 cup mold.
14. Chill until firm (about 3 hours).
16. Garnish with chocolate leaves and sliced strawberries.