Light Christmas Cake
1 lb. butter
2 c. white sugar
5 c. flour (mix 2 c. over fruit)
1/2 lb. blanched almonds
4 c. (2 lbs.) bleached raisins
1/2 lb. mixed peel or fruits
4 slices candied pineapple
2 lb. candied cherries
1/2 c. wine or fruit juice
1. Soak raisins in juice overnight.
2. Cream butter and sugar and add eggs one at a time. Beat well.
3. Mix 2 c. of the flour with the remaining fruit.
4. Add the rest of the flour, raisins and the fruit.
5. Bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours. Use double papers.
|This is without question the best light fruitcake
I've ever eaten. My family looks forward to it every year. You have
to keep it refrigerated.