1. One 50 grm. ball Jaeger Matchmaker double knitting in main color.
2. A small ball of double knitting in each of three contrasting colors for head, ears and shoes.
3. Two 25 grm. balls of double knitting in each of two contrasting colors for all-in-one suit and pinafore and a small ball for trimmings.
4. A pair of No. 3 knitting needles.
5. A medium size crochet hook.
6. Poly-fiber for stuffing.
7. Felt for features.
8. Fabric adhesive.
Body and Legs:
1. Using main color and No. 3 knitting needles, cast on 23 sts for first leg.
2. Work 30 rows reverse st st. Cut off yarn and leave sts on a holder.
3. Work second leg in the same way but do not cut off yarn.
4. Next row: Inc in first st, work to end, then onto the same needle work the sts from holder but inc in last
st: 48 sts.
5. Work 16 rows.
6. Next row: Work 2 tog, * work 8 (work 2 tog) twice; rep from * twice more, work 8, work 2 tog: 40 sts.
7. Work 14 rows.
8. Next row: Work 2 tog, * work 6 (work 2 tog) twice; rep from * twice more, work 6, work 2 tog: 32 sts.
9. Work 2 rows. Bind off for neck.
10. Join back and inner leg seams.
1. Cast on 18 sts and work 32 rows reverse st st.
2. Cut off yarn leaving a long end, run end through remaining sts, draw up
tightly and secure, then join the seam.
3. Fill firmly and join remaining seam.
1. Using contrasting color, cast on 21 sts.
2. Proceeding in st st work 3 rows.
3. Cast on 7 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
4. Work 9 rows. Bind off.
5. Fold work in half and join bound off edges for sole of shoe.
6. Join the 7-st cast on edges together, then join toe seam.
7. Sew cast on edges of shoes and legs together.
8. Fill body firmly.
9. Sew arms to body.
Head (first side):
1. **Using main color cast on 14 sts.
2. Proceeding in reverse st st work 2 rows.
3. Inc 1 st at beg of next 8 rows: 22 sts.
4. Work 6 rows.
5. To shape for nose: Next row: Work 2 tog, work to end.
6. Next row: Work to last 2 sts, work 2 tog.
7. Rep last 2 rows once more: 18 sts.
8. Dec 1 st at beg of next 8 rows: 10 sts. Bind off.
Head (second side):
1. Work as for first side from ** to **.
2. To shape for nose: Next row: Work to last 2 sts, work 2 tog.
3. Next row: Work 2 tog, work to end.
4. Rep last 2 rows once more: 18 sts.
5. Complete as given for first side.
6. Gusset: Using contrasting color, cast on 3 sts for nose.
7. Proceed in reverse st st but inc 1 st each end of every following 3rd row to 15 sts.
8. Work 18 rows then dec 1 st each end of next and every following 3rd row
until 7 sts remain. Bind off.
9. Join side pieces together from cast on edge to beg of nose, then sew gusset
to side pieces to form head. Fill firmly and sew to body.
Outer ears (make 2):
1. Using main color cast on 12 sts.
2. Work 23 rows garter st.
3. Dec 1 st each end of next and every following alternate row until 4 sts remain. Bind off.
Inner ears (make 2):
1. Using contrasting color cast on 12 sts.
2. Work 23 rows st st, then complete as given for outer ear.
3. Join inner and outer ears together and sew to head, gathering slightly at base.
4. Make a small pompon for tail and sew in place.
5. Sew or stick felt pieces for eyes in place, then embroider remaining features as shown in
6. Trim shoes with laces, flowers or buttons.
(Consider child's age before using small items which could be
dangerous if swallowed.)
All in one suit:
1. Working in St St only proceed as for father's dungarees until there are 50 sts at
waist but work 20 rows only in each leg.
2. P 12 sts and place them on a white thread, p 26, turn and leave remaining 12 sts on a black thread.
3. Work 13 rows for front.
4. Cast on 10 sts at beg of next 2 rows for sleeves, then work 14 more rows. Bind off.
5. Place sts from black thread onto needle.
6. Inc in first St, p to end, then onto same needle p the sts from white thread but inc in last St: 26 sts.
7. Now complete to match front. Join inner leg seams.
8. Join lower back seam leaving opening for tail.
9. Join shoulder seams leaving an opening at center for neck.
10. Join side and sleeve seams.
1. Join yarn to edge of sleeve and work thus: 1 dc, 2 tr and 1 dc all into same place as join, (miss
2 row-ends, or 3 sts, 1 dc, 2 tr and 1 dc all into next row-end or St) all around sleeve, slipstitch into first
dc. Fasten off.
2. Work around other sleeve and ankle edges of legs in the same way.
1. Cast on 103 sts. Work 36 rows St St.
2. Next row; K 1, (k 2 tog) to end: 52 sts.
3. Work 4 rows k 1, p 1 rib.
4. Bind off 17 sts in rib, then rib until there are 18 sts on needle, bind off
remaining 17 sts. Fasten off.
5. Rejoin yarn and complete as given for bib on dungarees.
6. Join rib at center back.
7. Cross straps over at back and sew to top of rib.
8. Work dc along back edges and shell edging along lower edge.