Get body instructions here
1. Bright blue, red, and brown embroidery floss.
2. Rust brown yarn.
3. Cotton fabrics: yellow, 1/4 yd.; small amounts of plain white, stretch white, white dotted Swiss, blue and white stripe.
4. Red and yellow felt.
5. White ribbon 1/4" wide, 1/2 yd.
6. Four tiny white buttons.
7. Red and yellow baby rickrack.
8. Tiny artificial flowers.
1. Embroider blue eyes, brown eyebrows, and red mouth.
2. For hair, cut about 30 27" strands of yarn. Arrange in two layers across back of head; stitch down center. Tack hair to each side on back of head. Bring
strands from one side over top of head and down opposite side; repeat with strands on other side. Arrange on top
and front of head; sew across to continue part line to front. Gather strands at sides into bunches; tie with white
1. Cut two panties of white cotton.
2. Sew together from A to B and B to C, both front and back.
3. Hem legs and waist and gather at waist to fit.
1. For petticoat, cut dotted Swiss 3" x 18"; sew ends together.
2. Hem edges; sew lace around one edge, gather other edge to fit doll's waist.
1. Cut dress top of yellow cotton (all one piece).
2. Fold in half and sew underarm and side seams.
3. Slash down half-pattern line on one side (back) from neck to bottom.
4. Hem neck and sleeves.
5. For skirt, cut yellow fabric 3" x 26"; sew ends together.
6. Hem one edge; gather and sew other edge to dress top.
7. Gather sleeves 1/2" from ends. Put dresson doll; overlap back edges and sew closed.
1. For striped apron, cut 2 3/4" x 7 1/2" piece for skirt, 1 1/2" square for pocket, 2" x 3" piece for bib, two 1" x 9 1/2"
pieces for ties, one 1" x 7" piece for neck strap.
2. Sew pocket and red and yellow rickrack to skirt.
3. Gather skirt to width of bib and sew on, hemming all raw edges first.
4. Hem ties and neck strap and sew on.
5. Sew buttons to strap ends.
1. Cut two stockings of white stretch fabric.
2. Fold each in half with right sides facing; sew bottom and side edges together. Turn to right side.
3. Turn top edge under; tack to leg.
1. For shoes. cut upper and sole (use Jack's pattern) of red felt.
2. Whip ends of uppers together and sole to upper.
3. Sew button on each outer side of shoe strap.
1. Cut yellow kerchief; hem edges.
1. Cut two pieces of yellow felt; whip together around outer edges.
2. For base, roll up 1/4" x 15" strip, glue and tack to center.
3. For handle, tack 1/4 " x 4 1/2 " strip of felt to opposite sides of basket.
4. Glue artificial flowers in basket; tack basket sides together where handles join.
5. Glue handle around wrist.