1. 1 (50 gram) ball each red, white and blue; oddment of black.
2. 1 (50 gram) ball in black Double Knitting yarn.
3. Small balls of pink, green and purple for embroidery.
4. Pair of No. 11 Disc needles.
5. Crochet hook.
6. Kapok for stuffing.
Legs and Body (2 pieces):
1. With white, cast on 7 sts. and work 40 rows in stocking stitch. Break yarn.
2. On same needle, cast on 7 sts. and make another piece the same, but do not break yarn.
3. Join legs thus: Next row: K.7, cast on 3, K.7: 17 sts. Work 35 rows in st. st. and cast off.
4. Join the 2 pieces together, leaving the neck open.
5. Stuff and sew up neck opening.
Arms: (2 pieces)
1. With white, cast on 12 sts. and work 32 rows in st. st. Cast off.
2. Fold over, stuff and sew up seams.
3. Sew to arms.
Hands: (2 pieces)
1. With white, cast on 14 sts. and work 14 rows in st. st. Cast off.
2. Join the seams, stuff and sew to arms.
Feet: (2 pieces)
1. With white, cast on 26 sts. and work 8 rows in st. st. Cast off.
2. Join seams, except the front one.
3. Place over the bottom of the legs, stuff and sew remaining seam.
Head: (2 pieces - 1 white, 1 black)
1. Cast on 8 sts. and work in st. st. inc. 1 st. at each end of 3rd and every following alt. row until there are 28 sts.
2. Work 15 rows straight.
3. Next row: K.2 tog. all across. Work 1 row. Next row: K.2 tog. all across. 7 sts. Cast off.
4. Join the 2 pieces together with Black part to back.
5. Stuff and sew to neck with cast-on edge downwards.
1. Right Front: Cast on 20 sts. in blue and work 2 rows in st. st., Dec. 1 st. at beg. of next and every following 8th row until 1 0 sts. remain. Castoff.
2. Left Front: Work as for right front, reversing shaping.
1. Cast on 26 sts. in blue and work in st. st. for 76 rows.
2. Next row: K.2 tog. all across. Cast off.
1. Cast on 48 sts. in blue and work in st. st., dec. 1 st. at each end of 3rd and every following alt. row until 12 sts. remain. Cast off.
2. Fold over and join side seams.
3. Sew all pieces into place at the shoulders and at back of neck.
4. Sew side seams of main part leaving a 3 in. (7 cm) split at the bottom.
1. Cast on 5 sts. in red and work in garter stitch (every row knit) for 11 in. (28 cm). Cast off.
2. Join 1 piece to each side of front and join down middle.
3. Work 2 rows of double crochet in red along the lower edge and around lower edges of sleeves.
4. Work 1 row in red up and around the splits in the sides.
1. With red, cast on 15 sts. and work 8 in. (20 cm) garter stitch. Cast off and sew round waist with seam at
Back Sash:(2 pieces)
1. With red, cast on 22 sts. and work 5 in. (1 3 cm) garter stitch. Cast off.
2. Fold the 2 pieces in half and join seams.
3. Draw up slightly and sew 1 piece to top of waist sash and the other to bottom.
1. With double knitting yarn, cut 30 strands of 36 in (91 cm) in length.
2. Divide into 3 groups of 1 0 strands and fold in half.
3. Fasten to top of head so that hair falls down the back.
4. Pull into place and sew into bottom of neck.
5. Divide long ends into 2 groups of 30 and tie at ends.
6. Twist each group of yarn round as if making a cord.
7. Wind up into sides of head and sew into place.
8. Cut 20 strands 22 in. (56 cm) in length, and tie at each end. Again twist round and sew into place on top of head.
1. Black back stitch ovals, filled satin stitch.
1. Black straight stitches.
1. Red back stitch.
1. With black, cast on 14 sts. and work 22 rows in garter stitch. Cast off.
2. Fold over, stuff and sew up all seams.
3. Sew to bottom of feet.
1. With black, cast on 3 sts. and work in garter stitch for 14 rows. Cast off.
2. Sew 2 straps to each sandal.
1. Work 3 daisies in pink with purple centres and 4 daisies in purple down sides of sleeves.
1. Work a row of pink daisies with purple centers down centre front.
2. Work 2 rows of green cross sts. on either side.
1. Work pink daisies with green centers round middle.
2. Work a row of green cross sts. between daisies.
3. Work a row of purple daisies above and below cross sts.
1. Work 1 large pink daisy on each piece and make a green center.