1. 1 1/2 yards calico 44 inches wide, matching thread, 2 1/2 yards gathered ecru lace 1 inch wide.
2. 1 1/2 yards grosgrain ribbon 1 inch wide (for apron sash).
3. 1 yard grosgrain ribbon 1/4 inch wide (for apron stripes).
4. 15 x 11 inch piece muslin for apron.
5. 1 purchased embroidered floral.
1. With matching thread, stitch darts on bodice front.
2. Right sides together, join two back pieces to front piece at shoulder seams.
3. Turn under 1/4 inch at neck edge and stitch.
4. Topstitch ecru lace around neck edge, snipping at front center and rounding edges with scissors to
5. Tack small embroidery motif at neck for "brooch".
6. Turn under back edge openings and hem.
7. Turn under bottom edges of sleeves and stitch ecru lace at cuff.
8. Cut two 8 inch pieces of elastic and stitch to bottom sleeve edge to gather.
9. Gather top edge of sleeve at dotted lines shown on pattern.
10. Join top edge of sleeve to arm opening of bodice.
11. Join underarm seams from wrist to waist.
12. Hem bottom edge of skirt piece.
13. Gather top edge to fit bodice and join.
14. Join back seam of skirt to within 2 1/2 inches of bodice.
15. Stitch 5 1/2 inch piece Velcro to back bodice openings.
Note: For dress which matches pinafore, use 1 inch wide gathered white
eyelet in place of ecru lace, and stitch upward around neck to form
1. Stitch two rows 1/4 inch ribbon about 1 inch apart, 3 inches from bottom edge (15-inch edge) of apron piece.
2. Turn under raw edge at bottom and two sides and hem.
3. Topstitch ecru lace around sides and bottom.
4. Gather top edge of apron to 8 inches.
5. Stitch 1 inch wide matching ribbon across top edge of sash.
1. Stitch length of fancy embroidered trim across one long edge of pinafore skirt about 2 1/2 inches from edge.
2. Turn under bottom edge of pinafore skirt and hem.
3. Stitch 2 1/2 inch wide gathered eyelet across bottom.
4. Hem sides of pinafore skirt.
5. Gather top edge of skirt to 14 inches.
6. Turn under one long edge of pinafore bodice piece.
7. Stitch fancy embroidered trim across top.
8. Cut two pieces of 2 1/2 inch wide gathered eyelet 10 inches long.
9. Top stitch one end of eyelet to sides of bodice.
10. Center the 1 inch grosgrain ribbon across skirt and topstitch along one
edge to top edge of skirt.
11. Center bodice over skirt and pin in place to top edge of ribbon.
12. Fold eyelet shoulder straps so that free end of eyelet meets top edge of ribbon along
13. Stitch across through top edge of ribbon to join bodice and straps to ribbon waistband.
1. Turn under bottom edge of each leg.
2. Trim bottom edge alternately with two rows lace and two rows ribbon, about 1/4 inch apart.
3. Place legs right sides together and sew from waist to crotch on one side (A to B).
4. Turn under top edge and stitch.
5. Cut 15 inch piece elastic and stitch to top edge.
6. Join second seam (A to B).
7. Fold legs so that these seams have right sides facing each other and stitch from bottom of one
leg to crotch and down other leg to bottom.
1. Turn under one long edge of petticoat piece.
2. Trim alternately with two rows lace and two rows ribbon, about 1/4 inch apart.
3. Turn under top edge and stitch.
4. Cut 18 inch piece elastic and stitch to top edge on inside.
5. Stitch short ends right sides together to form center back seam.