1. One 50 grm. ball Jaeger Matchmaker 4-ply in main color (will make two small rabbits).
2. A small ball of 4-ply in each of three contrasting colors for head, ears and shoes.
3. One 25 grm. balls of 4-ply in each of two contrasting colors for shorts and T-shirt.
4. A pair of No. 2 knitting needles.
5. Poly-fiber for stuffing.
6. Felt for features.
7. Fabric adhesive.
Body and Legs:
1. Using main color and No. 2 knitting needles, cast on 23 sts for first leg.
2. Work 30 rows reverse st st. Cut off yarn and leave sts on a holder.
3. Work second leg in the same way but do not cut off yarn.
4. Next row: Inc in first st, work to end, then onto the same needle work the sts from holder but inc in last
st: 48 sts.
5. Work 16 rows.
6. Next row: Work 2 tog, * work 8 (work 2 tog) twice; rep from * twice more, work 8, work 2 tog: 40 sts.
7. Work 14 rows.
8. Next row: Work 2 tog, * work 6 (work 2 tog) twice; rep from * twice more, work 6, work 2 tog: 32 sts.
9. Work 2 rows. Bind off for neck.
10. Join back and inner leg seams.
1. Cast on 18 sts and work 32 rows reverse st st.
2. Cut off yarn leaving a long end, run end through remaining sts, draw up
tightly and secure, then join the seam.
3. Fill firmly and join remaining seam.
1. Using contrasting color, cast on 21 sts.
2. Proceeding in st st work 3 rows.
3. Cast on 7 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
4. Work 9 rows. Bind off.
5. Fold work in half and join bound off edges for sole of shoe.
6. Join the 7-st cast on edges together, then join toe seam.
7. Sew cast on edges of shoes and legs together.
8. Fill body firmly.
9. Sew arms to body.
Head (first side):
1. **Using main color cast on 14 sts.
2. Proceeding in reverse st st work 2 rows.
3. Inc 1 st at beg of next 8 rows: 22 sts.
4. Work 6 rows.
5. To shape for nose: Next row: Work 2 tog, work to end.
6. Next row: Work to last 2 sts, work 2 tog.
7. Rep last 2 rows once more: 18 sts.
8. Dec 1 st at beg of next 8 rows: 10 sts. Bind off.
Head (second side):
1. Work as for first side from ** to **.
2. To shape for nose: Next row: Work to last 2 sts, work 2 tog.
3. Next row: Work 2 tog, work to end.
4. Rep last 2 rows once more: 18 sts.
5. Complete as given for first side.
6. Gusset: Using contrasting color, cast on 3 sts for nose.
7. Proceed in reverse st st but inc 1 st each end of every following 3rd row to 15 sts.
8. Work 18 rows then dec 1 st each end of next and every following 3rd row
until 7 sts remain. Bind off.
9. Join side pieces together from cast on edge to beg of nose, then sew gusset
to side pieces to form head. Fill firmly and sew to body.
Outer ears (make 2):
1. Using main color cast on 12 sts.
2. Work 23 rows garter st.
3. Dec 1 st each end of next and every following alternate row until 4 sts remain. Bind off.
Inner ears (make 2):
1. Using contrasting color cast on 12 sts.
2. Work 23 rows st st, then complete as given for outer ear.
3. Join inner and outer ears together and sew to head, gathering slightly at base.
4. Make a small pompon for tail and sew in place.
5. Sew or stick felt pieces for eyes in place, then embroider remaining features as shown in
6. Trim shoes with laces, flowers or buttons.
(Consider child's age before using small items which could be
dangerous if swallowed.)
1. Work as given for father's dungarees up to beg of rib, but work 12 rows St St for each leg instead of 20 rows.
2. Work 5 rows k 1, p 1 rib. Bind off in rib.
3. Join inner leg seams.
4. Join back seam leaving an opening for tail.
5. Strap (make 2): Crochet a chain. Sew to top of rib on front and back, crossing straps at back.
1. Working in one color only, work as given for father's T-shirt, but cast on 18 sts for sleeves, instead
of 10 sts.
2. Edging: Work a row of double crochet around neck and sleeve edges. Fasten off.