Get body instructions here
1. Pink, turquoise, and brown embroidery floss
2. Yellow yarn
3. Cotton fabric: small amounts of flowered and white dotted swiss
4. White lace edging, 2 yds.
5. Pink velvet ribbon, 2 yds.
6. Yellow baby rickrack
7. Bright pink and turquoise felt
8. Two 6" pipe cleaners
9. Tiny artificial flowers
1. Embroider turquoise eyes, pink mouth, and brown eyebrows.
2. For hair, cut about 70 9" strands of yellow yarn. Arrange in two layers over head. Stitch across top center to form part. Drape yarn over front of
head for bangs and trim. Glue side and back hair down.
1. Cut two blouses of dotted Swiss; sew shoulder and side seams.
2. Slash down half-pattern line on one side(back).
3. Hem neck and sleeves.
4. Tack lace edging to sleeves.
5. Gather neck and sleeves 1/4 " from edges. Put on doll. Overlap back edges and sew closed.
1. Cut two panties of dotted Swiss. Sew together from A to B and B to C, both front and back.
2. Hem legs and waist and gather at waist to fit.
3. Tack on edging.
1. Cut dotted Swiss 2 1/2" x 20" and sew ends together.
2. Hem edges; sew lace around one edge, gather other edge to fit doll's waist.
1. Cut pinafore top of flowered fabric.
2. Fold in half; sew underarm seams from crossline to bottom.
3. Slash down center back (at half-pattern line).
4. Hem neck and armhole edges.
5. For pinafore skirt, cut flowered fabric 3" x 30"; hem one long edge. Sew remaining long edge to
top, gathering to fit. Sew rickrack around skirt. Put pinafore on doll;
6. Overlap back edges and sew closed.
7. For panels on sides of pinafore, cut two of dotted Swiss. Hem edges and trim with lace. Gather at top 1/2" from edge
and tack to each side of pinafore.
8. Tie pink ribbon around waist.
1. Cut hat of flowered fabric; hem edges and trim with lace.
2. Gather 1" from edge all around.
3. Trim edge with bow and flowers.
4. Tack hat to head with cotton stuffed in to crown.
1. For pink felt shoes, cut two uppers and two soles (use pattern for Jack's sole).
2. Fold upper in half and whip ends together; whip upper to sole.
3. Tack ribbon bow to shoe, securing shoe to foot at same time.
1. For crook, twist two pipe cleaners together to measure 9".
2. Cut piece of turquoise felt 1" x 9". Wrap around pipe cleaner and whip edges together.
3. Bend into shape and tack to hand with ribbon bow and tiny flowers.