HORSE TREE ORNAMENT
1. White crochet thread bedspread weight; 100% cotton
2. Size 7 steel crochet hook
3. 1/2 yard red satin ribbon, 1/16 inch wide
4. 1/2 yard flat gold braid, 1/4 inch wide
5. 1/4 yard white lace, gathered, 1/4 inch wide
6. White 4 mm pearl bead
7. Fabric stiffener
8. White craft glue
9. Silver spray glitter
plastic bowl, 2 inch square of cardboard, plastic wrap, monofilament thread (invisible thread), old toothbrush, small board, ruler, scissors, rustproof pins, absorbent paper towels
1. To crochet the body, ch 18.
2. Rnd 1: Dc in the 5th ch from hook, dc in next 12 chs, 4 dc in last ch.
3. Working on opposite side of ch, dc in next 13 chs, 3 dc in base of beg ch.
4. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
5. Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 13 sts, 2 dc in next 4 sts, dc in next 13 sts, 2 dc in next 3 sts. Join to top of beg ch.
6. From now on work
back and forth in rows.
7. Row 1 (back leg):Sl st in next dc, ch 3, dc in next 3 sts. Ch 3, turn.
8. Row 2: Dc in next 3 sts, ch 3 turn.
9. Rows 3-4: Rep Row 2. End off.
10. To crochet the front leg, right side facing, join with sl st in 9th st from back leg; ch 3.
11. Rows 1-4: Dc in next 3 sts. End off.
12. To crochet the head, right side facing you, join with sl st in top left side of body.
13. Row 1: Ch 3, dc in next 6 sts, ch 3, turn.
14. Row 2: Dc in next 5 sts turn.
15. Row 3. Ch 7, dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next 3 chs, dc in next 5 dc, ch 3, turn.
16. Row 4: Dc in next 6 sts, hdc in next st, sc in next st, sl st in turning ch of previous row. Turn.
17. Hdc in next 8 sts. Turn.
18. Row 6: (ear) Ch 2, yo, draw up lp in next st, yo, draw through 2 lps, yo, draw up lp in same st, yo, draw through 2 lps, yo, draw through all 3 lps on hook. Do not end off.
19. Work sc evenly around enire horse, increasing or decreasing as necessary to lie flat.
20. Join with a sl st and end off.
1. Chain 36.
2. Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across.
3. Row2: Sc evenly around. Join with a sl st and end off.
1. Wind a 1 1/2 yard piece of crochet thread around the 2 inch piece of cardboard.
2. Tie top together and cut threads at the bottom.
3. Tie and wrap approximately 1/4 inch from top to form tassel. Set aside tail.
1. Prepare fabric stiffener, following manufacturer's instructions, in the small plastic bowl.
2. Saturate ornament and squeeze out excess. Blot with absorbent paper towel.
3. Pin horse flat on plastic wrapped board.
4. Pin rocker to bottom of horse's legs.
5. Let dry thoroughly then remove from board. If some residue is left on the ornament, brush off with toothbrush.
1. Glue rocker to bottom of horse.
2. On wrong side of horse, start at center top edge of head and glue lace behind ear and down back of neck for mane. See illustration here.
3. With bound edge up or to the inside of the horse, glue on gold braid for saddle and bit. If desired, glue ribbon next to bound edge of braid.
4. Glue on pearl for eye.
5. Make a ribbon bow and glue to top of saddle.
6. Glue tail to back of horse.
7. Spray horse with glitter and attach a loop of invisible thread to back edge at base of neck for a hanger.
Angel Doll |
Angel Sock Doll |
Beaded Candy Cane Ornament |
Beaded Wreath |
Campfire Pals |
Chicks and Ducklings |
Clothespin Baby |
Clothespin Bed |
Clothespin Soldier |
Crochet Dove Ornament |
Crochet Rocking Horse Ornament |
Dachshund Family |
Decorating Gingerbread Men |
Doctor and Nurse |
Dress Mrs. Claus |
Dress Mrs. Claus2 |
Dress Santa |
Dress Santa2 |
Elephant Twins |
Elf Doll |
Elf Paint Pail Doll |
Elf Sock Doll |
Goldilocks and the Three Bears |
Grandma & Cat |
Help Mrs. Claus Decorate |
Help Mrs. Claus Open Presents |
Hurricane Lamp |
Lion Paint Pail Doll |
Little Animals |
Loopy Lamb |
Mrs. Claus (large) |
Mrs. Claus (small) |
Paper Snowflakes |
Piggy Twins |
Pointillism Picture |
Puppet Twins |
Reindeer Paint Pail Doll |
Rooster and Hen |
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer |
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Toy|
Santa Claus (large) |
Santa Claus (small) |
Santa Paint Pail Doll |
Santa Sock Doll |
White Paint Pail Angel |
Winter Wonderland |
Wolf and the Three Little Pigs |
Wooden Nativity Scene |
Yellow Paint Pail Angel | Index | Christmas Site | Main Site |